6.17.2012

Yesterday - murderheat boiled my brains before I knew it. Evening, staggered with brotherB to storage unit and dug out from the back of all the junk a tiny Samsung airconditioner brand-new still-in-box someone gave us back in 2006. It fits exactly into one trailer window and ahhhhhh is so good in here now. How did my then-angelfriend know I'd need it one day?

Study today includes deconstruction of the Kerouackian sentence and further reading in a bewildering Paris Review interview with an incoherent and months-from-death Charles Olson. I want to understand the whole Projective Verse deal (tried before, back in college daze), although this interview is not likely to help me there.

Still time to scritchscratch at some poems before I go indoors to invent a lunch for my people.

This hot arid wind means I will have to water everything deeply again today. Cruel climate. Nothing grows, at least not without llama poop around it for good magic. A one-foot-tall lilac cutting I planted three-and-a-half years ago is still one foot tall. Likewise the wan honeysuckle still struggling at the foot of a fencepost. Few of my perennials came back this year - but here are the comfrey, faithful friend, and feverfew, yarrow, and a lonely hollyhock. The three-foot pine tree I planted in '09 is now ... three feet tall.

I gotta track me down some llamas.

No comments:

Post a Comment