1.01.2013

New Year's day

I move about chill digs in hungry morning,
feeding four-leggeds, feeding small
retarded brother, feeding me
too, porridge, & black faux coffee,
carrot and orange together juiced and diluted.

Out the big windows ice glitters on dazzlesnow
& morning temperature is 1 degree.
While water comes to kettleboil I try
an old routine on the yoga mat. Ugh.

My old body, long accustomed just to sit or lie,
incredulous. Just what, it wonders, am I doing?
I wonder it too - nothing stretches, nothing holds.
I shudder at shoulder, wobble at knee, I bend halfway.
I stand. I still stand pretty well.

Cagebirds mutter & peck. Old fed terrier snores in the corner.
Brought-in potted plants array glad leaves
receiving a.m. windowlight.

Out there, ice, ice.

No comments:

Post a Comment