8.12.2012

Still much study, very little writing going on here at the Old Same Place. Actually, for the past ten days I have been preoccupied digging up and posting for sale any valuable books and DVDs from my little collections. I have nearly 200 listed now, and not too surprisingly they have been selling briskly, one, two, and three per day. I say not surprisingly because that's as it always happens with fresh-posted books: the as-new and sought-after titles will fly out immediately. Eventually the dregs will settle and the sales doldrums set in. But we will not dwell on this. I am very grateful for the little injection of extra income that will keep the fridge filled while I pay people to paint and repair the house. The trim has been rescued, although not well. (Husband overheard one painter say to the other, "There's good enough and then there's perfect. Around here no one will pay for perfect." I was expecting Best Work. Sadly, once again I got Good Enough. If I'd known there was a choice I surely would have paid for it.) Next, I get the roof repaired. Plywood is showing through where shingles have blown away. I wanted to replace the whole shebang, just like I wanted to paint the whole house, but only piecework is affordable.

Still pushing through the Tom Clark bio of Charles Olson, and the reading peripheral to it (Yeats, Pound, and next up, Melville - repeats for all; refreshers, I guess I could call them). I have to return to my own work soon. When I get thrown off course/schedule I have to wait for my frustration and irritation to evaporate before sitting down to it again, lest I forget the wordrhythms (sensitive, elusive critters). This is I suppose another Aspergers/ADD deal. Lovely finally to have these pegs to hang excuses from.

Days continue witheringhot, near 100F, and fires all around make for constant twilight. Big meteor showers tonight and tomorrow night surely will be obscured.

No comments:

Post a Comment