7.17.2012

Rare high desert midsummer gray, cool soft skies wrapping us in kindness.

I have deserted Sylvia after several months of trailer life. Made my bed in the Little-Big-House livingroom instead, and the past two nights I have slept (sort of) back in my creatures' midst. Awoke today with all five cats and one dog pressed against me, very welcoming.

I have taken this room over now during the day. If I need complete isolation for some work that actually begins to flow, Sylvia is available, but such a creative breakthrough seems unlikely. I polish old work here, and, yes, polish my resume as well. It's time to get real. The thyroid supplements have taken hold at last and it's time to earn money again somehow now that I have clarity of thought and vigor of body.

My tower computer died briefly last week, refusing to power up. I had written it off and resigned myself to iPhone computing until a laptop could be acquired - how, I couldn't imagine - but then a brainstorm sent me cracking open the computer case and hunting around for a tiny gray button somewhere in the innards. Sure enough, a quick press of the PRAM reset got the beast back to its feet, and it looks as though we're good to go for a while longer. I haven't had to reset a PRAM for 15 years ... I'd all but forgotten about it.

No comments:

Post a Comment