5.28.2012

Bright, warm, spring day. Outdoors, the green stuff is drying out after a week of rain and damp. So is my lawnmower - the first time I've ever let it sit out like that, in the weather. I didn't even fetch a tarp for it. I hope it forgives me. They sometimes do, in my experience. But forgive me quick - the lawns are knee-high in alfalfa and dandelions, thanks to all this moist.

My trough fishes are happy today, too, I'll bet, since they sink in stupor whenever the temperatures drop. When the sun shines, they can eat! and boy do they have appetites.

Neighbor kids have asked to spend the night on Friday and I said sure, in my great happiness, having hoped all my life for grandchildren who would stay with me as I stayed with my own grandmothers as a child. Now I hesitate, though - where will they sleep? Can I handle two at once (these particular two fight and argue incessantly)? Maybe on Friday I can track down foam pads at the second-hand stores and fix up the bunks here in Sylvia opposite my own bed. Otherwise they'll sleep on the floor in the house and I'll have to doze in the recliner or something. Then I'll be wretched in the morning, and I so wanted to fix them waffles and strawberries ... OK, don't get all Aspie about it. This will be fine, you wait and see.

***

Here's dogApple right this moment:


No comments:

Post a Comment