1.12.2012

Yesterday I wrote 648 words for the final chapter--7. I need add only a dollop more today and the first draft will be ready to embellish, prune, polish, and publish at Amazon Singles--as my trial balloon. The best things to come out of this project well may be a renewed habit of daily application and a sensation of completion. Thrilling, really. And if I continue without pause I can finish the two other parts for a trilogy that can make up a volume lengthy enough to be an actual book.

So, yay.

Otherwise I have nothing to report. Little has been accomplished this day. The sun shines again, and still. The world outdoors is brown and arid and very very cold. Seed packets still arrive in the mail. I have named the writingtrailer Sylvia. Someday she will be parked on a plot of land in the woods and I will go there for extended stays and have more to report than I do now.

I don't know how to make stuff up, as Spalding Gray said. I know only how to deliver my experiences. Key here, then, is to cultivate the experiences.

No comments:

Post a Comment