1.22.2012

Phone taps continued ...



& when the cloud moves again or a spot thins to a hole in the overcast, the sunbeam bursting through, I set aside my Kindlebook & bask my face some more, trying to be healed of heart. But can the light sieved through skylight glass have spectrum juice enough to heal? Don't know. It just feels good.

& then 11:51 the sun moves - earth turns - enough to shift the beam away for the rest of the bedroom day.

***

1pm now and breakin' - down the stairs to the cold back bathroom because Husband's using my warmer ornate sanctuary upstairs pissoir - so much for refuge - but lets me feel generous, not martyr.

Next heating a pan on the venerable Corning hotplate, & grating jack&cheddar cheeses from the just-bought 2-lb block, slapping over the hot corn tortillas & cheeses then splashing Tabasco & scooping on heaps of mealy hothouse out-of-season tomatoes I'd chopped. Hit two glasses of water with shots of grapefruit juice and there, luncheon for brotherB & me.

Plotting plans, reading and listening on headphones to Pandora cinema soundtrack music perfect behind all the mental Sturm und Drang of this silly life, chasing a furtive handful of chocolate chips with a swig of grapefruit water.

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous8:12 AM

    Your tortillas were absolutely delish. I've made them a few times over here, but we don't have all the ingredients, all that often...

    H.

    ReplyDelete