1.04.2012

Let me find something pleasant to write about here.

My friend the artguy brought me the writing trailer, as I have said. He brought with it six sacks of VHS tapes--culled from his collection, now that he's done going over to DVD. So last night I sorted through them, have a sackful to give to the Friends of the Library thrift book nook. And a sackful of rarish Japanese and Chinese films, and a couple of Spanish ones, and some on Russian history, to mail to my friend LesLight in Sacramento, who is an art film person. There are enough westerns here to fill a sack--stuff with Charlton Heston and John Wayne and even cheapo recent things with Sam Elliot and Tom Selleck. These would have found their way to the thrift store, but Husband glimpsed them, and so ... My Brando collection has been enriched by six, and my Italian films by two.

Anyway, artguy gave us so many I think I can safely cancel my Netflix subscription for a while.

Best of all, he brought a boxful of persimmons just picked Monday night. A half-dozen are eatable now, so maybe I'll make persimmon pudding.

***

Sunbeam on my face now. Calm, calm. Feels so generous and kind. And of course warm.

No comments:

Post a Comment