8.16.2011

Yesterday's dreams had me in a lovely great old shabby hotel where hardly anyone lived. My own house stood directly behind it across an alley. I wandered through the hallways and in and out of the rooms. I meant to rent an office there but kept putting it off. I imagined I could not afford the expense. Then a young writer friend from Real Life rented it instead, and it turned out to have been only $20 a month!

This morning's dreams were less vivid, more fantastical. I remember climbing a long narrow ladder from our home (which had no ceilings) up through an opening in the sky to The World Above. A half-dozen or so suited young gentlemen were climbing down to visit my husband at the same time, and I feared they would prevent me from ascending on the narrow ladder. But we passed one another without incident, me clinging just barely to the right-hand vertical as they descended, very high above the earth. At length I climbed out through an opening onto a busy one-way highway several lanes across, and began to walk on the narrow shoulder, against the traffic, which traveled at very high speed.

***

"Read as dream symbols, ordinary occurences yield depths of information and teaching completely unsuspected by the untrained observer" (Ray Grasse, The Waking Dream.

"O Nature and O soul of man; how linked art thine analogies; not the smallest atom exists in matter that does not have its cunning duplicate in mind" (Herman Melville, Moby Dick.

***

Watched the fishes eat their breakfast. They are growing fast now, and average probably five inches in length, including their tails. Two graceful white ones, five koi-like mottled orange and white, one black fantail, and one a plain trout shape, bluish-bronze in color and extremely difficult to see. The black one is like a shadow, the bluish one like a ghost. They've become greedy now, and when I drop the flakes on the water they all ascend at once and roil the surface and make faint smacking noises with their tiny gulps.

I pulled and discarded two stiff thorny Scotch thistles almost ready to blossom in the lawn, and plucked three dandelion leaves for my midday tea, and a handful of blades sprouted from millet seeds the wild birds dropped under the feeder, to give to the lovebirds in their cage.

No comments:

Post a Comment